Tuesday 28 February 2017

15 - A New Short Film

Well - it's amazing the way life turns out.

Back in November / December when I attended the Monaco Film Fest, I ran into a friend who I'd met a couple of years previously. He too is an award winning writer and producer. After the festival Neil (as is his name) came down to Cannes and one balmy evening we chewed the cud about the future and agreed to work on something in the future.

That night (before / during / after some drinks) we talked about a particular short project that was gestating in my mind which I was calling "15" - I pitched, we discussed and we went our separate ways and allowed the idea(s) to percolate.

Well - here we are a couple of months later and I'm happy to announce that "15" has been greenlit and we will be shooting the film in the UK in June! Amazing how this has come about (and so quickly) but we are both really excited and want to strike whilst the iron is hot. Neil has written the script (with some input from me, natch!) and will be producing through his company MIDAS LIGHT FILMS LIMITED - I will be directing.

As we are just finalising casting etc - I'll leave it here for now but will update as the weeks / months progress.

Buzzing, Buzzing.
Dean

No comments:

Post a Comment